Aug 28, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
Bobby Broyles is back once again to deliver Hump Day’s edition of the #CAAMinute .
The William & Mary women’s cross country team earned the No. 16 spot in the preseason USTFCCCA NCAA Division I national cross country rankings. The Tribe captured their eighth CAA title over the past decade in 2012 and went on to post a 21st place finish at the NCAA Cross Country Championship. William & Mary brings back All-America standouts in senior Elaina Balouris and sophomore Emily Stites. CAA field hockey was well represented in the 2013 preseason NFHCA Division I field hockey poll, with Northeastern coming in at No. 15 and 2012 CAA champ Drexel following close behind in the 17th spot. NU ended last season ranked 12th in Division I field hockey thanks to a 14-7 record and second straight appearance in both the CAA championship game and the NCAA tournament. The Dragons, last year’s CAA champs and 2013 preseason favorite, return 19 players from last year’s squad, including four All-CAA honorees.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday