Aug 28, 2013, 2:59 PM EDT
Bobby Broyles is back once again to deliver Hump Day’s edition of the #CAAMinute .
The William & Mary women’s cross country team earned the No. 16 spot in the preseason USTFCCCA NCAA Division I national cross country rankings. The Tribe captured their eighth CAA title over the past decade in 2012 and went on to post a 21st place finish at the NCAA Cross Country Championship. William & Mary brings back All-America standouts in senior Elaina Balouris and sophomore Emily Stites. CAA field hockey was well represented in the 2013 preseason NFHCA Division I field hockey poll, with Northeastern coming in at No. 15 and 2012 CAA champ Drexel following close behind in the 17th spot. NU ended last season ranked 12th in Division I field hockey thanks to a 14-7 record and second straight appearance in both the CAA championship game and the NCAA tournament. The Dragons, last year’s CAA champs and 2013 preseason favorite, return 19 players from last year’s squad, including four All-CAA honorees.
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Saunderson Starts NCAA Championships
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year
- Coen Named NABC District 10 Coach of the Year
- #CAALax Closeup with Emma MacLeod
- CofC Sweeps Golfer of the Week Honors
- Reisert Named CAAFB Scholar-Athlete Of The Year
- Duo Named to USILA Team of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 20