Aug 27, 2013, 12:36 PM EDT
Tuesday’s edition of the #CAAMinute kicks off (pardon the pun) with first announcement of the weekly women’s soccer awards. Towson’s Emily Banes earned Player of the Week honors after tallying a pair of goals and assisting on the third in the Tigers’ 3-0 win over Iona on Sunday. James Madison freshman Meghan Cox picked up Rookie of the Week honors following a strong opening weekend in which she scored one goal in each of her first two collegiate games. With CAA volleyball action starting on Friday, it’s only appropriate that Bobby Broyles mention’s the accomplishment of College of Charleston’s Darcy Dorton, who was recently named the 2013 Preseason Player of the Year in a vote by the league’s head coaches. Dorton was an All-Southern Conference selection one year ago. Broyles wraps up the action with Drexel’s Lindsay McArdle, who has been named the 2013 CAA field hockey Preseason Player of the Year … also in a vote by the conference’s head coaches. McArdle started all 22 games for the Dragons last season, scoring a team-high 12 goals to help lead her squad to the 2012 CAA title.
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Elon Women
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Elon Men
- W&M’s Trojan, NU’s Darrow Lead Men’s Track & Field All-Conference Honors
- Williams, Mistowski Headline Women’s Track & Field Postseason Honors
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship Moving To Washington DC In 2020
- More All-America Recognition For CAA Baseball Players
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Delaware Men
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Delaware Women
- Pair of Towson Tigers Named IWLCA All-Americans
- CAA Baseball Players Receive All-America, All-Region Accolades
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.