Aug 19, 2013, 4:40 PM EST
College of Charleston assistant athletic director for compliance Otto German and cross country & track and field coach Amy Seago were recently honored with state service awards due to their dedication to the college.
State service awards are presented to individuals on the CofC staff who have been recognized for 10, 20 and 30 years of service.
German, who became the second African-American student-athlete to earn a full basketball scholarship for the Cougars from 1970-73, has been with the college for 30-plus years and carried out a cornucopia of roles within athletics and academic departments. He has been the assistant director of student activities (1976-79), assistant director of admissions (1979-86) and then associate dean of admissions (1979-86), and held many other professions associated with CofC.
“What this really means to me is that I’ve been a part of something very special,” German said. “First, to be able to help integrate the college and then being employed one month after receiving my degree, I’ve been in a position to give something back to the University – It’s been a wonderful journey. ”
Seago has guided the Cougars’ cross country & track and field programs for the past 10 years. She’s helped student-athletes earn 18 conference titles in six different individual events — including three trips to the NCAA Outdoor Regionals.
“It’s an honor to have served at the College of Charleston for 10 years and I feel like I was lucky to come in at the right time,” Seago said. “I remember when I was first hired and how fortunate I felt – I still feel that way today. The future is bright.”
College of Charleston is less than two weeks away from entering its first full season in the CAA.
- UNH's Reisert, Marino Named Academic All-America
- Three Named Scholar All-Americans
- Five Land on Scholar All-Region Team
- #CAALax/LSN Game of the Week Schedule Announced
- Ankrah Chosen To FCS ADA All-America Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Semifinals
- WM Tabs Julie Shackford as Head Coach
- Seven CAA Football Players On AP All-America Team
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Dec. 11
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Dec. 11