Aug 14, 2013, 1:01 PM EDT
Bobby Broyles helps you get through “Hump Day” with yet another #CAAMinute. Broyles kicks off Wednesday’s news with highlights of CAA volleyball newcomer College of Charleston, which was selected by the league’s coaches to take home the 2013 title. The Cougars, who had won either the regular season or conference tournament in the Southern Conference over the past 12 years, were selected in the top spot unanimously (coaches weren’t able to vote for their own team). Northeastern University, and 2012 CAA Player of the Year Kelly Bacon earned the second spot in the poll. In CAA Football news, UAlbany legendary head coach Bob Ford announced on Tuesday that his 44th season on the sidelines as a coach will be his last. Ford currently has 264 career victories, which is tops in Division I among active coaches and second among all active NCAA football coaches. CAA Football once again led the FCS in another preseason poll. This time, the league is represented with six squads in The Sports Network’s Top 25 Poll. Teams highlighting the poll include – No. 5 Villanova, No. 10 New Hampshire, No. 11 Towson, No. 15 Richmond, No. 16 Stony Brook and No. 19 James Madison. Delaware, Albany and William and Mary also received votes in the poll.
- WATCH #CAAFB Media Day Live!
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson
- Chad Holbrook Named CofC Head Baseball Coach
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Elon
- CAA Social Showdown: Northeastern
- Elon, UNCW, WM Earn GCAA All-Academic Team Honors
- Heck Named Assoc. Commissioner For Compliance