Jul 27, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Recent College of Charleston graduate and men’s golfer John Duke Hudson has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship.
Hudson, who not only qualifies for the event for the second time in his career, joins Drexel rising sophomore Chris Crawford as the other CAA standout to make the cut.
During sectional qualifying on June 24th at Odessa Country Club in Odessa, Texas, Hudson carded rounds of 67 and 69 en route to punching a ticket to the championship at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., from Aug. 12-18.
A native of Sonora, Texas, Hudson was a solid contributor for the Cougars over a four-year career on the links. CofC also announced that Hudson was tabbed a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-American Scholar.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27