Jul 27, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Recent College of Charleston graduate and men’s golfer John Duke Hudson has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship.
Hudson, who not only qualifies for the event for the second time in his career, joins Drexel rising sophomore Chris Crawford as the other CAA standout to make the cut.
During sectional qualifying on June 24th at Odessa Country Club in Odessa, Texas, Hudson carded rounds of 67 and 69 en route to punching a ticket to the championship at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., from Aug. 12-18.
A native of Sonora, Texas, Hudson was a solid contributor for the Cougars over a four-year career on the links. CofC also announced that Hudson was tabbed a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-American Scholar.
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Elon Women
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Elon Men
- W&M’s Trojan, NU’s Darrow Lead Men’s Track & Field All-Conference Honors
- Williams, Mistowski Headline Women’s Track & Field Postseason Honors
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship Moving To Washington DC In 2020
- More All-America Recognition For CAA Baseball Players
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Delaware Men
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Delaware Women
- Pair of Towson Tigers Named IWLCA All-Americans
- CAA Baseball Players Receive All-America, All-Region Accolades
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.