Jul 27, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Recent College of Charleston graduate and men’s golfer John Duke Hudson has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship.
Hudson, who not only qualifies for the event for the second time in his career, joins Drexel rising sophomore Chris Crawford as the other CAA standout to make the cut.
During sectional qualifying on June 24th at Odessa Country Club in Odessa, Texas, Hudson carded rounds of 67 and 69 en route to punching a ticket to the championship at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., from Aug. 12-18.
A native of Sonora, Texas, Hudson was a solid contributor for the Cougars over a four-year career on the links. CofC also announced that Hudson was tabbed a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-American Scholar.
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Ties for 24th at NCAA Championship
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 22
- Towson Downs Cuse to Advance to NCAA Semifinals
- CofC's Fuenfstueck in Top-25 at NCAA Championship
- Dukes' Memorable Season Ends In Waco Regional Title Game
- JMU Keeps Season Alive With Saturday Split
- Pairings Set For CAA Baseball Championship
- JMU Earns Walk-Off Win To Open Regional Play
- Towson Tangles With Syracuse in NCAA Quarterfinals
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Readies for NCAA Championship