Jul 27, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Recent College of Charleston graduate and men’s golfer John Duke Hudson has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship.
Hudson, who not only qualifies for the event for the second time in his career, joins Drexel rising sophomore Chris Crawford as the other CAA standout to make the cut.
During sectional qualifying on June 24th at Odessa Country Club in Odessa, Texas, Hudson carded rounds of 67 and 69 en route to punching a ticket to the championship at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., from Aug. 12-18.
A native of Sonora, Texas, Hudson was a solid contributor for the Cougars over a four-year career on the links. CofC also announced that Hudson was tabbed a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-American Scholar.
- Pairings Set for Women's Lacrosse Championship
- Towson Clinches Top Seed & Hosts #CAALax Championship
- #CAALax Close-Up with Jack Adams & Ryan Tierney
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- #CAASports Close-Up With Giovanna Kolofer
- CAA Weekend Preview - April 28-30
- Hofstra's Concannon & Byrne Nominated For Tewaaraton Award
- #CAASports Close-Up With Casey Golden
- UD & CofC's Fuenfstueck Headed to NCAA Regionals
- Talcott, Straume Earn Tennis MOP Honors