Jul 27, 2013, 6:15 PM EDT
Recent College of Charleston graduate and men’s golfer John Duke Hudson has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship.
Hudson, who not only qualifies for the event for the second time in his career, joins Drexel rising sophomore Chris Crawford as the other CAA standout to make the cut.
During sectional qualifying on June 24th at Odessa Country Club in Odessa, Texas, Hudson carded rounds of 67 and 69 en route to punching a ticket to the championship at The Country Club in Brookline, Mass., from Aug. 12-18.
A native of Sonora, Texas, Hudson was a solid contributor for the Cougars over a four-year career on the links. CofC also announced that Hudson was tabbed a Cleveland Golf/Srixon All-American Scholar.
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- Eleven CAA Baseball Players Named All-Region
- Drexel's Crawford Begins Play In Second U.S. Open
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- W&M Duo Headlines 14 Players Taken In MLB Draft