Jul 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Drexel men’s golfer and rising sophomore Chris Crawford, the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year, has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship taking place from Aug. 12-18 at the Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
Crawford, a native of Bensalem, Pa., scored a 70 in both rounds of qualifying for a final score of 140. USGA qualifying took place at Philadelphia area Overbrook Golf Course and Radnor Valley Country Club, with Crawford finishing in a tie for third place overall.
Crawford, who averaged a score of 74 for the Dragons last season, makes his second appearance in three years at the U.S. Amateur Championship.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday