Jul 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Drexel men’s golfer and rising sophomore Chris Crawford, the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year, has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship taking place from Aug. 12-18 at the Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
Crawford, a native of Bensalem, Pa., scored a 70 in both rounds of qualifying for a final score of 140. USGA qualifying took place at Philadelphia area Overbrook Golf Course and Radnor Valley Country Club, with Crawford finishing in a tie for third place overall.
Crawford, who averaged a score of 74 for the Dragons last season, makes his second appearance in three years at the U.S. Amateur Championship.
- UD knocks Off No. 1 Rutgers
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21