Jul 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Drexel men’s golfer and rising sophomore Chris Crawford, the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year, has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship taking place from Aug. 12-18 at the Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
Crawford, a native of Bensalem, Pa., scored a 70 in both rounds of qualifying for a final score of 140. USGA qualifying took place at Philadelphia area Overbrook Golf Course and Radnor Valley Country Club, with Crawford finishing in a tie for third place overall.
Crawford, who averaged a score of 74 for the Dragons last season, makes his second appearance in three years at the U.S. Amateur Championship.
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Seven Nominated by Schools for NCAA Woman of the Year
- CAA Hosts Successful SAAC Summit
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Northeastern at CofC
- Nauck Attends Women's Sports Awards Ceremony
- Rome Earns Second Straight Athlete of the Year Honor
- Holmes, Frenia Headline 2017 Men's T&F Honors
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners