Jul 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Drexel men’s golfer and rising sophomore Chris Crawford, the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year, has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship taking place from Aug. 12-18 at the Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
Crawford, a native of Bensalem, Pa., scored a 70 in both rounds of qualifying for a final score of 140. USGA qualifying took place at Philadelphia area Overbrook Golf Course and Radnor Valley Country Club, with Crawford finishing in a tie for third place overall.
Crawford, who averaged a score of 74 for the Dragons last season, makes his second appearance in three years at the U.S. Amateur Championship.
- Blue Hens Headed To Lubbock For NCAA Regionals
- Seven Taken in MLL Collegiate Draft
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships