Jul 25, 2013, 5:40 PM EDT
Drexel men’s golfer and rising sophomore Chris Crawford, the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year, has qualified for the upcoming 2013 U.S. Amateur Championship taking place from Aug. 12-18 at the Country Club in Brookline, Mass.
Crawford, a native of Bensalem, Pa., scored a 70 in both rounds of qualifying for a final score of 140. USGA qualifying took place at Philadelphia area Overbrook Golf Course and Radnor Valley Country Club, with Crawford finishing in a tie for third place overall.
Crawford, who averaged a score of 74 for the Dragons last season, makes his second appearance in three years at the U.S. Amateur Championship.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- CAA Partners With ScoreShots
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 22
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week