Jul 19, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
College of Charleston assistant men’s soccer coach Troy Lesesne was named to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) 30 Under 30 Program, the school announced on Thursday.
Recently launched this year, the 30 Under 30 program is a select, yearlong mentorship and education opportunity made for soccer coaches who are up-and-coming and dedicated to their profession. Lesesne and 29 other coaches will meet at the NSCAA convention in Philadelphia, Pa., and receive complementary registration and recognition as well as a scholarship to attend other educational events with the organization.
“Being a part of this program is humbling and I will maximize the opportunity at every turn,” Lesesne said.
Lesesne, a 2004 College of Charleston graduate and former standout player, enters his ninth season as a member of the Cougars’ coaching staff.
A West Columbia, S.C., native, Lesesne has twice been named among the nation’s top-15 assistant coaches by CollegeSoccerNews.com.
The Cougars, who enter their first season in the CAA, finished with a 8-11-1 (4-2-1, SoCon) record last season.
CofC’s 2013 schedule can be found here.
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Ties for 24th at NCAA Championship
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 22
- Towson Downs Cuse to Advance to NCAA Semifinals
- CofC's Fuenfstueck in Top-25 at NCAA Championship
- Dukes' Memorable Season Ends In Waco Regional Title Game
- JMU Keeps Season Alive With Saturday Split
- Pairings Set For CAA Baseball Championship
- JMU Earns Walk-Off Win To Open Regional Play
- Towson Tangles With Syracuse in NCAA Quarterfinals
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Readies for NCAA Championship