Jul 19, 2013, 11:24 AM EDT
College of Charleston assistant men’s soccer coach Troy Lesesne was named to the National Soccer Coaches Association of America (NSCAA) 30 Under 30 Program, the school announced on Thursday.
Recently launched this year, the 30 Under 30 program is a select, yearlong mentorship and education opportunity made for soccer coaches who are up-and-coming and dedicated to their profession. Lesesne and 29 other coaches will meet at the NSCAA convention in Philadelphia, Pa., and receive complementary registration and recognition as well as a scholarship to attend other educational events with the organization.
“Being a part of this program is humbling and I will maximize the opportunity at every turn,” Lesesne said.
Lesesne, a 2004 College of Charleston graduate and former standout player, enters his ninth season as a member of the Cougars’ coaching staff.
A West Columbia, S.C., native, Lesesne has twice been named among the nation’s top-15 assistant coaches by CollegeSoccerNews.com.
The Cougars, who enter their first season in the CAA, finished with a 8-11-1 (4-2-1, SoCon) record last season.
CofC’s 2013 schedule can be found here.
- Saunderson Earns All-America Honors In 100 Fly
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Campus Connected: Don't Doubt the Dukes
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 23
- #CAASports Closeup with Kyle Brnovich
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Saunderson Starts NCAA Championships
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year