Jul 17, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
UNCW men’s golfer Ryan Nagy advanced to Wednesday’s match play portion of the United States Amateur Public Links Championship at the Lorton Hill Golf Club in Lorton, Va.
Nagy shot identical 72’s (144) in the first two rounds to earn a tie for 49th and advance to the match play rounds. In his opening round, Nagy registered 13 pars and in the second, overcame four bogeys while nailing five birdies and right pars.
The Raleigh, N.C., native began match play Wednesday morning at 9:40 a.m. versus Sam Saunders, who finished tied for 13th after shooting a minus-four 66 in his opening round.
A live scoreboard for the rising Seahawk senior is available.
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21
- Hofstra's Parrella Named National Rookie of the Week