Jul 17, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
UNCW men’s golfer Ryan Nagy advanced to Wednesday’s match play portion of the United States Amateur Public Links Championship at the Lorton Hill Golf Club in Lorton, Va.
Nagy shot identical 72’s (144) in the first two rounds to earn a tie for 49th and advance to the match play rounds. In his opening round, Nagy registered 13 pars and in the second, overcame four bogeys while nailing five birdies and right pars.
The Raleigh, N.C., native began match play Wednesday morning at 9:40 a.m. versus Sam Saunders, who finished tied for 13th after shooting a minus-four 66 in his opening round.
A live scoreboard for the rising Seahawk senior is available.
- CAA Weekend Preview - April 28-30
- #CAASports Close-Up With Casey Golden
- UD & CofC's Fuenfstueck Headed to NCAA Regionals
- Talcott, Straume Earn Tennis MOP Honors
- Triple #CAAChamps Weekend Photo Recap
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Headlines Golf Awards
- NU's 2V8 Named Boat of the Week
- Murphy Named Associate Commissioner For MBB
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - April 25
- Baseball Weekly Honors - April 24