Jul 17, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
UNCW men’s golfer Ryan Nagy advanced to Wednesday’s match play portion of the United States Amateur Public Links Championship at the Lorton Hill Golf Club in Lorton, Va.
Nagy shot identical 72’s (144) in the first two rounds to earn a tie for 49th and advance to the match play rounds. In his opening round, Nagy registered 13 pars and in the second, overcame four bogeys while nailing five birdies and right pars.
The Raleigh, N.C., native began match play Wednesday morning at 9:40 a.m. versus Sam Saunders, who finished tied for 13th after shooting a minus-four 66 in his opening round.
A live scoreboard for the rising Seahawk senior is available.
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21
- Hofstra, JMU End Seasons In Regionals
- Pairings Set For 2018 CAA Baseball Championship
- On to the NCAA Semifinals! No. 3 JMU Knocks Off No. 6 Florida to Advance
- Dukes Earn Victory In Postseason Opener, Pride Fall In Extras
- Seven Earn IL Women Media All-American Honors