Jul 17, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
UNCW men’s golfer Ryan Nagy advanced to Wednesday’s match play portion of the United States Amateur Public Links Championship at the Lorton Hill Golf Club in Lorton, Va.
Nagy shot identical 72’s (144) in the first two rounds to earn a tie for 49th and advance to the match play rounds. In his opening round, Nagy registered 13 pars and in the second, overcame four bogeys while nailing five birdies and right pars.
The Raleigh, N.C., native began match play Wednesday morning at 9:40 a.m. versus Sam Saunders, who finished tied for 13th after shooting a minus-four 66 in his opening round.
A live scoreboard for the rising Seahawk senior is available.
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week
- Field Hockey Weekly Honors - Sept. 19
- Hofstra's Byrne is No. 1 Pick in NLL Draft
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18