Jul 17, 2013, 10:58 AM EDT
UNCW men’s golfer Ryan Nagy advanced to Wednesday’s match play portion of the United States Amateur Public Links Championship at the Lorton Hill Golf Club in Lorton, Va.
Nagy shot identical 72’s (144) in the first two rounds to earn a tie for 49th and advance to the match play rounds. In his opening round, Nagy registered 13 pars and in the second, overcame four bogeys while nailing five birdies and right pars.
The Raleigh, N.C., native began match play Wednesday morning at 9:40 a.m. versus Sam Saunders, who finished tied for 13th after shooting a minus-four 66 in his opening round.
A live scoreboard for the rising Seahawk senior is available.
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings
- Four Named IWLCA Senior All-Stars
- UNCW Defeats W&M, 6-2, In Thursday's Finale