Jul 17, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT
Former Drexel University field hockey standout Susan Ciufo will return the Dragons’ sideline as an assistant coach, the school announced on Tuesday.
Ciufo returns to Philadelphia after spending the last two years as an assistant coach/recruiting offensive coordinator at nearby Lehigh University, while also spending one month as the interim head coach for the Mountain Hawks.
A 2010 graduate of Drexel, Ciufo played in 84 games and was a four-year starter. Her 58 career goals and 140 points ranks second in school history and in 2008, she set an NCAA record with a 22-game points streak en route to earning third-team All-America honors.
Drexel, coming off its first CAA field hockey title and first automatic NCAA Tournament bid in 2012, announced the team’s 2013 schedule on Friday.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday