Jul 17, 2013, 9:17 AM EDT
Former Drexel University field hockey standout Susan Ciufo will return the Dragons’ sideline as an assistant coach, the school announced on Tuesday.
Ciufo returns to Philadelphia after spending the last two years as an assistant coach/recruiting offensive coordinator at nearby Lehigh University, while also spending one month as the interim head coach for the Mountain Hawks.
A 2010 graduate of Drexel, Ciufo played in 84 games and was a four-year starter. Her 58 career goals and 140 points ranks second in school history and in 2008, she set an NCAA record with a 22-game points streak en route to earning third-team All-America honors.
Drexel, coming off its first CAA field hockey title and first automatic NCAA Tournament bid in 2012, announced the team’s 2013 schedule on Friday.
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21
- Hofstra's Parrella Named National Rookie of the Week