Apr 10, 2013, 5:29 PM EDT
The UNCW baseball team partnered with Accessible Coastal Carolina Events Sports and Services (ACCESS) of Wilmington during last Sunday’s game with state rival Davidson to raise funds for construction of a new Miracle Field at Olsen Park near Murrayville Road.
The Seahawks, who defeated the Wildcats, 4-1, donned special orange and navy jerseys that were auctioned off following the conclusion of the contest. Nearly $2,000 was contributed from the sale of 41 jerseys to ACCESS from the event.
ACCESS not only provides an opportunity for those who have not yet had the chance to experience the power of play and the joy of sports, but also shows the importance of inclusion in a community. Creating a place where people of all ages, races, and abilities can actively participate together, will naturally allow relationships to develop as people share interests.
For more on the Seahawk Baseball squads efforts logon to UNCWSports.com.
- Pairings Set for Women's Lacrosse Championship
- Towson Clinches Top Seed & Hosts #CAALax Championship
- #CAALax Close-Up with Jack Adams & Ryan Tierney
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- #CAASports Close-Up With Giovanna Kolofer
- CAA Weekend Preview - April 28-30
- Hofstra's Concannon & Byrne Nominated For Tewaaraton Award
- #CAASports Close-Up With Casey Golden
- UD & CofC's Fuenfstueck Headed to NCAA Regionals
- Talcott, Straume Earn Tennis MOP Honors