Apr 10, 2013, 5:22 PM EST
Junior catcher Drew Farber and senior defender Jennifer Ludemann of UNCW have been recognized by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) for their dedication to strength training and conditioning.
The pair joins a group of 229 high school and collegiate student-athletes honored by the NSCA as NSCA All-Americans.
“Drew demonstrates an unrivaled toughness, work ethic and commitment to athletic improvement on a daily basis,” said Pat Murphy, UNCW’s head strength and conditioning coach. Farber, who caught 53 of UNCW’s 55 games last spring, had surgery last summer to repair a torn labrum in his hip and bounced back this season following a rigorous strength program.
“Through his dedication and hard work, he has made a full recovery and is playing a key role with the team this spring,” Murphy added.
Ludemann, meanwhile, started 80 of 81 matches during her four-year career with the Seahawks and proved a “model of durability,” according to Murphy. “Jennifer is the type of athlete that every strength coach wants to work with. She leads by example, on and off the field, and completely changed her game through her hard work in the weight room. Her durability is a direct reflection of her commitment and toughness.”
For more on the honor and the two UNCW student-athletes recognized logon to UNCWSports.com.
- Flacco, Moreland Headline 2018 CAA Football All-Conference Awards
- James Madison Pair Collect National Honors
- CAA Swimming & Diving Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Final Regular-Season Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 19
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- Mike London Named New Head Football Coach At William & Mary
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- James Madison Defeats No. 5 North Carolina, Heads to Men's Soccer Sweet 16
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.