Apr 10, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Fans of the 2013 CAA Champion Towson women’s swimming and diving team can celebrate its conference title with the student-athletes and staff at the official championship celebration on Friday, May 17 at the Crowne Plaza Baltimore North. The Night of Champions event, presented by Towson University Athletics and the Tiger Club, will commemorate the team’s championship season and will culminate with the presentation of the CAA Championship Rings.
The Tigers secured the CAA title with 783.50 points, edging James Madison’s 735.50 points. Senior Amanda Skroupa broke the school’s 100-yard backstroke record with a time of 55.03, while NCAA qualifier Kaitlin Burke was awarded co-Most Outstanding Swimmer of the Meet. Tiger head coach Pat Mead was also named the CAA Women’s Swimming Coach of the Year for the sixth time.
For details on the event as well as links to register and donate to the program can be found by logging on to TowsonTigers.com.
- Seven Earn All-ECAC Honors; Mayes Named Defensive POTY
- UNCW's Golden Headlines All-CAA Baseball Team
- CAA Baseball Championship Preview
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Ties for 24th at NCAA Championship
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 22
- Towson Downs Cuse to Advance to NCAA Semifinals
- CofC's Fuenfstueck in Top-25 at NCAA Championship
- Dukes' Memorable Season Ends In Waco Regional Title Game
- JMU Keeps Season Alive With Saturday Split
- Pairings Set For CAA Baseball Championship