Apr 10, 2013, 5:38 PM EDT
Fans of the 2013 CAA Champion Towson women’s swimming and diving team can celebrate its conference title with the student-athletes and staff at the official championship celebration on Friday, May 17 at the Crowne Plaza Baltimore North. The Night of Champions event, presented by Towson University Athletics and the Tiger Club, will commemorate the team’s championship season and will culminate with the presentation of the CAA Championship Rings.
The Tigers secured the CAA title with 783.50 points, edging James Madison’s 735.50 points. Senior Amanda Skroupa broke the school’s 100-yard backstroke record with a time of 55.03, while NCAA qualifier Kaitlin Burke was awarded co-Most Outstanding Swimmer of the Meet. Tiger head coach Pat Mead was also named the CAA Women’s Swimming Coach of the Year for the sixth time.
For details on the event as well as links to register and donate to the program can be found by logging on to TowsonTigers.com.
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Clark, Kutch Conclude Swimming & Diving Championships
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- Kutch Breaks Own Record at Day 3 of NCAA Championships
- Clark & Kutch Ready for NCAA Championships
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview