Feb 7, 2013, 6:22 PM EDT
The Georgia State softball team enters the 2013 season with five seniors on the roster. With the start of the season less than a week away, we’ll count down to the season opener with an in-depth look at these five Panther seniors each day. Today’s subject is third baseman Paige Nowacki.
Q: How long have you played softball and how did you get started?
A: I have played softball since I was about 8 years old. I played baseball before I started softball and then played both at the same time all the way until I got into high school. I got started playing ball because of my dad and my brother. As soon as I could walk, my brother was throwing me and ball. Once I got old enough, I started playing recreational softball.
Q: What do you enjoy about playing your position? If you could play another position, what would you choose?
A: Right now, I play third base. I enjoying playing it because it is the ‘hot corner.’ I feel like I always have to be on my toes, ready to move every pitch. Be it a fly ball, ground ball, or a bunt, I need to be going somewhere. I like that because the balls hit are so quick and you don’t really have time to think about catching the ball, you just do it. The other position I would choose to play would be shortstop, because I used to play it. I enjoy shortstop because I feel like they are the leader of the infield. They pretty much have the most area to cover and have to know where to go at all times.
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- Eleven CAA Baseball Players Named All-Region
- Drexel's Crawford Begins Play In Second U.S. Open
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- W&M Duo Headlines 14 Players Taken In MLB Draft