Feb 7, 2013, 6:41 PM EDT
UNCW held its annual media day at Brooks Field on Tuesday as the Seahawks and local media prepare for the season opener on Feb. 15 against nationally-ranked Kent State.
Over 25 individual interviews were conducted with members of the defending Colonial Athletic Association champions. Following the breakout sessions, Head Coach Mark Scalf delivered his season outlook and fielded questions from the media in attendance.
The Seahawks welcome back 23 letterwinners for the 2013 season as they tackle a schedule that includes 15 non-conference games against programs that played in the 2012 NCAA tournament.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday