Jan 30, 2013, 4:53 PM EDT
BOSTON – After a 2012 All-CAA first team campaign, junior midfielder Hanna Terry of the Northeastern women’s soccer team has been selected to represent Sweden in the Women’s U23 Four Nation Tournament in La Manga, Spain.
Terry, whose mother was born in Sweden, holds dual citizenship in both the United States and Sweden. She has pursued a spot on the Swedish national team for much of her soccer career, and her placement on the U23 squad will be her first international experience.
The U23 Four Nation Tournament is held yearly in Spain as a competition between four of the top women’s soccer clubs in the world. The 2013 version will be held from late February to early March, and will feature Sweden, Norway, the United States and Germany. Last year, the US defeated Norway in the final match.
The junior attacking midfielder post a 2-5-9 scoring line last season, leading Northeastern with five assists. She was named All-CAA first team at the year-end banquet, and helped to lead the Huskies to a fourth-place finish in the CAA and the right to host a quarterfinal match.
Terry will be a focal point of a 2013 Northeastern squad that returns five of its top seven scorers from 2012. Stay tuned to GoNU.com for updates of her progress with team Sweden in the Four Nations Tournament.
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21
- Hofstra's Parrella Named National Rookie of the Week