Jan 16, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Head coach Jeff Tambroni formally announced seniors Travis Crane (Parkville, Md.) and Jack Forster (Jenkintown, Pa.) as the captains for the 2013 season on Wednesday. Crane and Forster were elected by votes from their teammates and coaching staff. The decisions were announced to the team prior to the Thanksgiving holiday.
“Our coaching staff and team are very confident that they will do a wonderful job as we make our way through the spring season,” Tambroni said. “Both of [these] guys have been around for a long time, one a fifth-year (Crane) the other a sixth-year senior (Forster), and have fought through a lot of adversity in their own right. I think their experience is going to be great for this team at the time that Penn State lacrosse is in its history, and hopefully going to give us an opportunity to turn the page.”
For more on the Penn State Men’s Lacrosse squad and some background information on both Crane and Forster logon to GoPSUSports.com.
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday
- Four Named USILA All-Americans
- No. 3 JMU Readies for NCAA WLAX Semifinals