Jan 16, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Head coach Jeff Tambroni formally announced seniors Travis Crane (Parkville, Md.) and Jack Forster (Jenkintown, Pa.) as the captains for the 2013 season on Wednesday. Crane and Forster were elected by votes from their teammates and coaching staff. The decisions were announced to the team prior to the Thanksgiving holiday.
“Our coaching staff and team are very confident that they will do a wonderful job as we make our way through the spring season,” Tambroni said. “Both of [these] guys have been around for a long time, one a fifth-year (Crane) the other a sixth-year senior (Forster), and have fought through a lot of adversity in their own right. I think their experience is going to be great for this team at the time that Penn State lacrosse is in its history, and hopefully going to give us an opportunity to turn the page.”
For more on the Penn State Men’s Lacrosse squad and some background information on both Crane and Forster logon to GoPSUSports.com.
- #CAAFB Going Deep: Reaching Out
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 5 Preview
- CofC's Derby Named Golfer of the Week
- Elon's Badmaev Earns CAA Golfer of the Week
- WM's Barney Named Runner of the Week
- WM's Rome Earns Second Straight Runner of the Week
- Field Hockey Weekly Honors - Sept. 27
- Five CAA Teams Ranked In FCS Top 25 Polls
- Volleyball Weekly Honors - Sept. 26
- Women's Soccer Weekly Honors - Sept. 26