Jan 16, 2013, 3:04 PM EDT
Head coach Jeff Tambroni formally announced seniors Travis Crane (Parkville, Md.) and Jack Forster (Jenkintown, Pa.) as the captains for the 2013 season on Wednesday. Crane and Forster were elected by votes from their teammates and coaching staff. The decisions were announced to the team prior to the Thanksgiving holiday.
“Our coaching staff and team are very confident that they will do a wonderful job as we make our way through the spring season,” Tambroni said. “Both of [these] guys have been around for a long time, one a fifth-year (Crane) the other a sixth-year senior (Forster), and have fought through a lot of adversity in their own right. I think their experience is going to be great for this team at the time that Penn State lacrosse is in its history, and hopefully going to give us an opportunity to turn the page.”
For more on the Penn State Men’s Lacrosse squad and some background information on both Crane and Forster logon to GoPSUSports.com.
- Softball Weekly Report - May 2
- Baseball Weekly Report - May 2
- Women’s Lacrosse Weekly Report – May 2
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - May 2
- CAA Football Pair Selected in NFL Draft
- CAA WLAX Championship Field Set
- Pairings Set for CAA Men's Lacrosse Championship
- Weekend Preview - April 29
- Ferris Named Tribe VB Head Coach
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - April 26