Jan 16, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Hofstra forward Leah Galton was named to Soccer America’s All-Freshman Second Team, it was announced Tuesday.
Galton was one of just four forwards to make the second team. The Harrogate, England native joined Rice’s Holly Hargreaves, BYU’s Michele Murphy and Minnesota’s Taylor Uhl on the squad. Overall, just 24 freshmen were named to the top-two teams.
Galton’s honor came after the National Soccer Coaches Association of America named her to the NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer All-South Atlantic Region first team. Galton was the first all-region selection for Hofstra since Brittany Butts in 2010. She is also the first Pride freshman to be named to an all-region squad by the NSCAA since Tiffany Yovino in 2007.
- Saunderson Earns All-America Honors In 100 Fly
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Campus Connected: Don't Doubt the Dukes
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 23
- #CAASports Closeup with Kyle Brnovich
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Saunderson Starts NCAA Championships
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year