Jan 16, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Hofstra forward Leah Galton was named to Soccer America’s All-Freshman Second Team, it was announced Tuesday.
Galton was one of just four forwards to make the second team. The Harrogate, England native joined Rice’s Holly Hargreaves, BYU’s Michele Murphy and Minnesota’s Taylor Uhl on the squad. Overall, just 24 freshmen were named to the top-two teams.
Galton’s honor came after the National Soccer Coaches Association of America named her to the NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer All-South Atlantic Region first team. Galton was the first all-region selection for Hofstra since Brittany Butts in 2010. She is also the first Pride freshman to be named to an all-region squad by the NSCAA since Tiffany Yovino in 2007.
- UNCW Defeats W&M, 6-2, In Thursday's Finale
- Tribe Trio Headlines Day 1 At NCAA T&F East Prelims
- Ake's Homer Lifts Delaware Past Northeastern
- CofC Edges Elon, 1-0, Despite No Hits
- Towson Set for NCAA Semfinal Clash with Ohio State
- Raquet Helps W&M Rally Past Elon, 5-2
- UD Names Ben DeLuca Men's Lacrosse Coach
- UNCW's Moore Named Academic All-American
- NU Heads to NCAA Championships on Friday
- JMU's Good Named Player of the Year Top 3 Finalist