Jan 16, 2013, 2:23 PM EDT
Hofstra forward Leah Galton was named to Soccer America’s All-Freshman Second Team, it was announced Tuesday.
Galton was one of just four forwards to make the second team. The Harrogate, England native joined Rice’s Holly Hargreaves, BYU’s Michele Murphy and Minnesota’s Taylor Uhl on the squad. Overall, just 24 freshmen were named to the top-two teams.
Galton’s honor came after the National Soccer Coaches Association of America named her to the NCAA Division I Women’s Soccer All-South Atlantic Region first team. Galton was the first all-region selection for Hofstra since Brittany Butts in 2010. She is also the first Pride freshman to be named to an all-region squad by the NSCAA since Tiffany Yovino in 2007.
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston at Towson
- #CAAFB Media Day Live Rewind
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson
- Chad Holbrook Named CofC Head Baseball Coach
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Elon
- CAA Social Showdown: Northeastern
- Elon, UNCW, WM Earn GCAA All-Academic Team Honors