Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
UMass’ Will Manny, a 2012 Tewaaraton Trophy Finalist, headlined eight CAA Men’s Lacrosse standouts selected in the 2013 Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft, Friday, Jan. 11. Manny, a senior this season for the Minutemen, will continue his collegiate season then join the Boston Cannons later this summer after the franchise took him with the 14th overall selection.
UMass’ Jake Smith and Delaware’s Dominic Sebastiani were both taekn in the fourth round. Smith went 30th overall to Boston, while Sebastiani was the 32nd pick to Chesapeake. The fifth round saw two CAA standouts get taken by MLL franchises. Hofstra’s Adrian Sorichetti was picked up Chesapeake and Drexel’s Aaron Prosser was taken by Denver. Hofstra’s John Antoniades was selected by New York in the sixth round and both UMass’ Colin Fleming (Ohio) and Hofstra’s Mark Mullen went in the draft’s seventh round.
For more on the MLL Collegiate Draft visit majorleaguelacrosse.com.
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday
- Four Named USILA All-Americans
- No. 3 JMU Readies for NCAA WLAX Semifinals