Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
UMass’ Will Manny, a 2012 Tewaaraton Trophy Finalist, headlined eight CAA Men’s Lacrosse standouts selected in the 2013 Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft, Friday, Jan. 11. Manny, a senior this season for the Minutemen, will continue his collegiate season then join the Boston Cannons later this summer after the franchise took him with the 14th overall selection.
UMass’ Jake Smith and Delaware’s Dominic Sebastiani were both taekn in the fourth round. Smith went 30th overall to Boston, while Sebastiani was the 32nd pick to Chesapeake. The fifth round saw two CAA standouts get taken by MLL franchises. Hofstra’s Adrian Sorichetti was picked up Chesapeake and Drexel’s Aaron Prosser was taken by Denver. Hofstra’s John Antoniades was selected by New York in the sixth round and both UMass’ Colin Fleming (Ohio) and Hofstra’s Mark Mullen went in the draft’s seventh round.
For more on the MLL Collegiate Draft visit majorleaguelacrosse.com.
- UNCW's Feight Leads All-CAA Baseball Team
- CAA Baseball Championship Preview
- Baseball Weekly Report - May 23
- JMU Wins Harrisonburg Regional
- Towson Edged by Loyola in NCAA Quarters
- Pairings Set For Baseball #CAAChamps
- JMU Heads To Regional Title Game
- #CAASports Feature: Senior Trio Has Left Their Mark
- JMU Tops Princeton 7-0 In NCAA SB Opener
- Towson Heads to NCAA Quarterfinals