Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EST
UMass’ Will Manny, a 2012 Tewaaraton Trophy Finalist, headlined eight CAA Men’s Lacrosse standouts selected in the 2013 Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft, Friday, Jan. 11. Manny, a senior this season for the Minutemen, will continue his collegiate season then join the Boston Cannons later this summer after the franchise took him with the 14th overall selection.
UMass’ Jake Smith and Delaware’s Dominic Sebastiani were both taekn in the fourth round. Smith went 30th overall to Boston, while Sebastiani was the 32nd pick to Chesapeake. The fifth round saw two CAA standouts get taken by MLL franchises. Hofstra’s Adrian Sorichetti was picked up Chesapeake and Drexel’s Aaron Prosser was taken by Denver. Hofstra’s John Antoniades was selected by New York in the sixth round and both UMass’ Colin Fleming (Ohio) and Hofstra’s Mark Mullen went in the draft’s seventh round.
For more on the MLL Collegiate Draft visit majorleaguelacrosse.com.
- Hofstra's Klemm Tabbed CoSIDA Academic All-American
- Three Players Named NFHCA All-Americans
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Quarterfinals
- JMU's Goodman, Austin Honored By AVCA
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Dec. 6
- Ten Named NSCAA All-Region
- JMU's Houston Named AFCA Region Coach Of The Year
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Dec. 5
- Women's Basketball Weekly Honors - Dec. 5
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 5