Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
UMass’ Will Manny, a 2012 Tewaaraton Trophy Finalist, headlined eight CAA Men’s Lacrosse standouts selected in the 2013 Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft, Friday, Jan. 11. Manny, a senior this season for the Minutemen, will continue his collegiate season then join the Boston Cannons later this summer after the franchise took him with the 14th overall selection.
UMass’ Jake Smith and Delaware’s Dominic Sebastiani were both taekn in the fourth round. Smith went 30th overall to Boston, while Sebastiani was the 32nd pick to Chesapeake. The fifth round saw two CAA standouts get taken by MLL franchises. Hofstra’s Adrian Sorichetti was picked up Chesapeake and Drexel’s Aaron Prosser was taken by Denver. Hofstra’s John Antoniades was selected by New York in the sixth round and both UMass’ Colin Fleming (Ohio) and Hofstra’s Mark Mullen went in the draft’s seventh round.
For more on the MLL Collegiate Draft visit majorleaguelacrosse.com.
- 2,152 Earn Commissioner's Academic Award
- CAA Announces NCAA Woman of the Year Nominees
- CAA Places Six On NABC Honors Court
- Richmond Picked To Win CAA Football Title
- Media Day Kicks Off 2016 CAA Football Season
- Eight Men's Golfers Named All-America Scholars
- UD's Delgado on MAC Hermann Watch List
- #CAAFB Media Day Live To Be Broadcast On ESPN3
- 2015-16 #CAAMoments - Baseball
- Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In National Polls