Jan 14, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
UMass’ Will Manny, a 2012 Tewaaraton Trophy Finalist, headlined eight CAA Men’s Lacrosse standouts selected in the 2013 Major League Lacrosse Collegiate Draft, Friday, Jan. 11. Manny, a senior this season for the Minutemen, will continue his collegiate season then join the Boston Cannons later this summer after the franchise took him with the 14th overall selection.
UMass’ Jake Smith and Delaware’s Dominic Sebastiani were both taekn in the fourth round. Smith went 30th overall to Boston, while Sebastiani was the 32nd pick to Chesapeake. The fifth round saw two CAA standouts get taken by MLL franchises. Hofstra’s Adrian Sorichetti was picked up Chesapeake and Drexel’s Aaron Prosser was taken by Denver. Hofstra’s John Antoniades was selected by New York in the sixth round and both UMass’ Colin Fleming (Ohio) and Hofstra’s Mark Mullen went in the draft’s seventh round.
For more on the MLL Collegiate Draft visit majorleaguelacrosse.com.
About CAA Overtime
CAASports On YouTube
@CAASports on Twitter
- CAA Football Preseason Poll, All-Conference Team
- Four Men's Golfers Named All-America Scholars
- Ritchie & Wills Nominated for NCAA Woman of the Year
- CAA Football Partners with Be The Match
- Lineup Set for CAA Football Media Day
- CAA Announces Staff Promotions And Additions
- ITA Recognizes Tennis Scholar-Athletes
- Nine Honored By USTFCCCA
- Bates, Desir Named Good Works Team Nominees
- Four on Defensive Player of the Year Watch List