Jan 10, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Head Coach Joe Russell announced the hiring of Clint Frease as the new volunteer assistant for the George Mason wrestling team. “We are excited to have Clint Frease helping coach our guys at George Mason,” expressed Russell. “He will serve as a great mentor for our team”.
Prior to Mason, Frease was the co-founder and clinician for the Texas Pride Wrestling Camp from 2006-2007. In 2004, he served as the assistant coach at Countryside High School, where he helped coach four individuals to state titles and helped earn the team a runner-up finish in the state tournament.
Frease graduated from Brown University in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts in History. While at Brown, Frease was a member of the wrestling team and served as team captain his senior year. Frease was a two-time NCAA Division I national qualifier and was first team All-Ivy League his junior and senior year. He was also EIWA runner-up in 2003 and placed third in 2002.
For more on the Mason Wrestling program logon to GoMason.com. Coach Russell also has a Mason Wrestling Blog on WordPress…check out his chronicles here: masonwrestling.wordpress.com. Interested in learning about CAA Wrestling? Logon to CAASports.com.
- Blue Hens Headed To Lubbock For NCAA Regionals
- Seven Taken in MLL Collegiate Draft
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships