Jan 10, 2013, 1:00 PM EDT
Head Coach Joe Russell announced the hiring of Clint Frease as the new volunteer assistant for the George Mason wrestling team. “We are excited to have Clint Frease helping coach our guys at George Mason,” expressed Russell. “He will serve as a great mentor for our team”.
Prior to Mason, Frease was the co-founder and clinician for the Texas Pride Wrestling Camp from 2006-2007. In 2004, he served as the assistant coach at Countryside High School, where he helped coach four individuals to state titles and helped earn the team a runner-up finish in the state tournament.
Frease graduated from Brown University in 2003 with a Bachelor of Arts in History. While at Brown, Frease was a member of the wrestling team and served as team captain his senior year. Frease was a two-time NCAA Division I national qualifier and was first team All-Ivy League his junior and senior year. He was also EIWA runner-up in 2003 and placed third in 2002.
For more on the Mason Wrestling program logon to GoMason.com. Coach Russell also has a Mason Wrestling Blog on WordPress…check out his chronicles here: masonwrestling.wordpress.com. Interested in learning about CAA Wrestling? Logon to CAASports.com.
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday
- Four Named USILA All-Americans
- No. 3 JMU Readies for NCAA WLAX Semifinals
- Stellar Pitching Performance Gives Delaware 3-1 Victory Over Hofstra
- Charleston Hits Four Homers To Power Past Hofstra, 10-3
- Weiss' Walk-Off Double Lifts UNCW Past Delaware, 2-1, In Baseball Opener