Jan 10, 2013, 12:50 PM EDT
University of Delaware softball head coach Jaime Wohlbach has announced the signing of five high school standouts who have signed National Letters of Intent with UD and will begin playing for the Blue Hens during the 2014 season. Sarah Bencivenga, Abby Cline, Megan Largey, Emily Sanchez, and Danielle “Boo” Wissinger will enroll at Delaware in the fall and comprise the Blue Hens’ Class of 2017.
Bencivenga, a native of Toms River, N.J., was a second team All-State and All-Shore selection in both the 2010 and 2012 seasons. Cline, a native of Millington, N.J., is a four-year letterwinner at Watchung Hill Regional High School. Largey, a native of Dana Point, Calif., is a two-year letterwinner at Dana Hills High School. Sanchez, a native of Los Angeles, Calif., has led Schurr High School to consecutive Almont League titles during her first two years at the school. Wissinger, a native of Hagerstown, Md., has been a four-year starter and letterwinner at North Hagerstown High School.
For more complete biographies as well as photos on each of the softball signees logon to BlueHens.com.
- Hathaway Named MBB Oversight Committee Chair
- Four Conferences Join MBB Officiating Alliance
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Towson at William & Mary
- All Seven WLAX Teams Are IWLCA Academic Honor Squads
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston at Towson
- #CAAFB Media Day Live Rewind
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson