Jan 9, 2013, 9:06 AM EDT
The Towson University Department of Athletics has announced it has extended its relationship with Under Armour, Inc., a Baltimore-based leader in innovative performance apparel, footwear, equipment, and accessories, to provide on-field apparel, accessories, equipment, and footwear for all Tiger athletics programs through the 2017-18 academic year. The extension adds five years to the original four-year agreement that was signed in 2009.
Under Armour is a company that was built on the idea of innovation from the beginning and has grown into a global brand with the mission to make all athletes better.
“This is an exciting announcement for Towson,” said Director of Athletics Mike Waddell. “As a part of the greater Baltimore community that includes Under Armour itself, we are honored that they have seen the vision that the University and athletics administrations have set forth and they want to be a part of it. Under Armour is a leader and innovator in the athletic performance apparel industry, both core values that speak to the heart of Towson University, academically and athletically.”
For more including a comment from Under Armour visit TowsonTigers.com.
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday
- Four Named USILA All-Americans
- No. 3 JMU Readies for NCAA WLAX Semifinals
- Stellar Pitching Performance Gives Delaware 3-1 Victory Over Hofstra
- Charleston Hits Four Homers To Power Past Hofstra, 10-3
- Weiss' Walk-Off Double Lifts UNCW Past Delaware, 2-1, In Baseball Opener