Dec 21, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
Hofstra University Head Men’s Lacrosse Coach Seth Tierney and the HEADstrong Foundation today announced that the Pride’s April 6th game against Colonial Athletic Association opponent Saint Joseph’s University will be the featured contest in the inaugural Relentless Cup at Ridley High School in Folsom, Pennsylvania. Game time is 7 p.m.
This special fund-raising event will combine interstate youth games, high school games and the Pride and the Hawks in a special day of lacrosse. The event will gather youth lacrosse teams from four states including: Clearview Youth of New Jersey, Huntingtown Youth of Maryland, Ridley Youth of Pennsylvania and Rockville Centre Youth of New York. In addition, both the Ridley High School boys and girls teams will take on Avon Grove High School and will conclude with the Division I men’s lacrosse game. The Pride and Hawks were originally scheduled to play on the Saint Joseph campus.
Proceeds from The Relentless Cup will support Nick’s House, the Nicholas E. Colleluori Lymphoma Research Fund and the quality of life services offered by the HEADstrong Foundation.
“It is with great excitement that we announce this special event for the 2013 lacrosse season,” HEADstrong Foundation President and Nick’s mother Cheryl Colleluori said. “We have longed to create an event that bridges the gap with the communities that meant so much to our Nick and to our family. We are truly thankful to Nick’s beloved Ridley High School for allowing us the ability to host this event on campus. We also wish to sincerely thank St. Joseph’s University, Hofstra University and all of the participating youth programs for their continued support and for joining our fight by being part of the Relentless Cup. Our hope is to continue to empower athletes by engaging them with service opportunities and an unforgettable lacrosse experience.”
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday
- Four Named USILA All-Americans
- No. 3 JMU Readies for NCAA WLAX Semifinals
- Stellar Pitching Performance Gives Delaware 3-1 Victory Over Hofstra
- Charleston Hits Four Homers To Power Past Hofstra, 10-3
- Weiss' Walk-Off Double Lifts UNCW Past Delaware, 2-1, In Baseball Opener