Dec 17, 2012, 11:31 AM EDT
A total of 20 Old Dominion University student-athletes were projected to graduate during Commencement exercises this weekend at the Ted Constant Convocation Center in Norfolk.
The Fall graduates include 2012 Icelandic Olympic swimmer Arni Arnason, 2012 All-CAA football selections Nick Mayers and Jonathan Plisco. 2011 field hockey All-American and CAA Player of the Year Emma Batten, along with Rebecca Condie, will receive their Master’s degrees.
“Without a doubt our 20 student athletes who graduate Saturday have dozens of athletic highlights from their careers at ODU. However, I would imagine they all pale in comparison to the feeling of pride and accomplishment each will feel when they shake President Broderick’s hand after walking across the stage to receive their ODU diploma,” Old Dominion Athletics Director, Dr. Wood Selig said. “The number one goal we all share for our student athletes is earning an ODU degree. For these men and women we can congratulate them on mission accomplished.”
For more on the Old Dominion Fall Graduates and a list of those who walked this past weekend visit ODUSports.com.
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Clark, Kutch Conclude Swimming & Diving Championships
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- Kutch Breaks Own Record at Day 3 of NCAA Championships
- Clark & Kutch Ready for NCAA Championships
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview