Dec 17, 2012, 10:54 AM EST
The Dragons’ men’s and women’s soccer squads recently earned a handful of all-area honors, including several academic recognitions. On the women’s side, goalkeeper Eva Bandana was named the 2012 Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Women’s Soccer Performer of the Year. Bandana was a First Team All-CAA performer this past season and also earned the league’s Defensive Player of the Year honor. Forward Caitlin Gottier and defender Melissa Chapman also were selected to the PhillySIDA Academic All-Area Women’s squad.
Badana is majoring in political science, Chapman is in the health sciences field, while Gottier is majoring in chemical engineering. Liberatore is a mechanical engineering major and Page is a business administration major.
In order to be eligible to be nominated for PhillySIDA Academic All-Area, a student-athlete must be in at least his second year at an institution, and must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or better. Nominees are selected and voted upon by all PhillySIDA member institutions.
For more on the Drexel honorees and the awards each earned visit DrexelDragons.com.
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Feb. 22
- Rowley, Seibring Named Academic All-District
- W&M's Green Named CoSIDA Academic All-District
- #CAAHoops Weekly: First Place Battle Ahead
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - Feb. 21
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Feb. 21
- UNCW's McShea, WM's deFisser Named Golfers of the Week
- Palmetto Exterminators Presents Free Hoops For Kids Program
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Feb. 20
- Baseball Weekly Honors - Feb. 20