Dec 17, 2012, 10:54 AM EST
The Dragons’ men’s and women’s soccer squads recently earned a handful of all-area honors, including several academic recognitions. On the women’s side, goalkeeper Eva Bandana was named the 2012 Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Women’s Soccer Performer of the Year. Bandana was a First Team All-CAA performer this past season and also earned the league’s Defensive Player of the Year honor. Forward Caitlin Gottier and defender Melissa Chapman also were selected to the PhillySIDA Academic All-Area Women’s squad.
Badana is majoring in political science, Chapman is in the health sciences field, while Gottier is majoring in chemical engineering. Liberatore is a mechanical engineering major and Page is a business administration major.
In order to be eligible to be nominated for PhillySIDA Academic All-Area, a student-athlete must be in at least his second year at an institution, and must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or better. Nominees are selected and voted upon by all PhillySIDA member institutions.
For more on the Drexel honorees and the awards each earned visit DrexelDragons.com.
- Flacco, Moreland Headline 2018 CAA Football All-Conference Awards
- James Madison Pair Collect National Honors
- CAA Swimming & Diving Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- Six CAA Football Teams Ranked In Final Regular-Season Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 19
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- Mike London Named New Head Football Coach At William & Mary
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 19
- James Madison Defeats No. 5 North Carolina, Heads to Men's Soccer Sweet 16
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.