Dec 17, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
The Dragons’ men’s and women’s soccer squads recently earned a handful of all-area honors, including several academic recognitions. On the women’s side, goalkeeper Eva Bandana was named the 2012 Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Women’s Soccer Performer of the Year. Bandana was a First Team All-CAA performer this past season and also earned the league’s Defensive Player of the Year honor. Forward Caitlin Gottier and defender Melissa Chapman also were selected to the PhillySIDA Academic All-Area Women’s squad.
Badana is majoring in political science, Chapman is in the health sciences field, while Gottier is majoring in chemical engineering. Liberatore is a mechanical engineering major and Page is a business administration major.
In order to be eligible to be nominated for PhillySIDA Academic All-Area, a student-athlete must be in at least his second year at an institution, and must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or better. Nominees are selected and voted upon by all PhillySIDA member institutions.
For more on the Drexel honorees and the awards each earned visit DrexelDragons.com.
- Blue Hens Headed To Lubbock For NCAA Regionals
- Seven Taken in MLL Collegiate Draft
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships