Dec 17, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
The Dragons’ men’s and women’s soccer squads recently earned a handful of all-area honors, including several academic recognitions. On the women’s side, goalkeeper Eva Bandana was named the 2012 Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Women’s Soccer Performer of the Year. Bandana was a First Team All-CAA performer this past season and also earned the league’s Defensive Player of the Year honor. Forward Caitlin Gottier and defender Melissa Chapman also were selected to the PhillySIDA Academic All-Area Women’s squad.
Badana is majoring in political science, Chapman is in the health sciences field, while Gottier is majoring in chemical engineering. Liberatore is a mechanical engineering major and Page is a business administration major.
In order to be eligible to be nominated for PhillySIDA Academic All-Area, a student-athlete must be in at least his second year at an institution, and must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or better. Nominees are selected and voted upon by all PhillySIDA member institutions.
For more on the Drexel honorees and the awards each earned visit DrexelDragons.com.
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Seven Nominated by Schools for NCAA Woman of the Year
- CAA Hosts Successful SAAC Summit
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Northeastern at CofC
- Nauck Attends Women's Sports Awards Ceremony
- Rome Earns Second Straight Athlete of the Year Honor
- Holmes, Frenia Headline 2017 Men's T&F Honors
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners