Dec 17, 2012, 10:54 AM EDT
The Dragons’ men’s and women’s soccer squads recently earned a handful of all-area honors, including several academic recognitions. On the women’s side, goalkeeper Eva Bandana was named the 2012 Philadelphia Inquirer Academic All-Area Women’s Soccer Performer of the Year. Bandana was a First Team All-CAA performer this past season and also earned the league’s Defensive Player of the Year honor. Forward Caitlin Gottier and defender Melissa Chapman also were selected to the PhillySIDA Academic All-Area Women’s squad.
Badana is majoring in political science, Chapman is in the health sciences field, while Gottier is majoring in chemical engineering. Liberatore is a mechanical engineering major and Page is a business administration major.
In order to be eligible to be nominated for PhillySIDA Academic All-Area, a student-athlete must be in at least his second year at an institution, and must hold a cumulative GPA of 3.20 or better. Nominees are selected and voted upon by all PhillySIDA member institutions.
For more on the Drexel honorees and the awards each earned visit DrexelDragons.com.
- James Madison Selected to Three-Peat; Hofstra's Masciullo Named Preseason Player of the Year
- #CAAFB - 12 Teams In 12 Days - Maine Preview
- William & Mary Picked to Repeat; Tribe's Bustamante Tabbed Preseason Player of the Year
- #CAAFB - 12 Teams In 12 Days - James Madison Preview
- Women's Soccer Kicks Off 2018 Campaign
- CAA Announces Marketing Partnership With Canon U.S.A.
- Delaware Chosen to Win Sixth-Straight CAA Title; Nauck Named Preseason Player of the Year
- #CAAFB - 12 Teams In 12 Days - Elon Preview
- CAA Football Broadcast Package Features More Than 50 Games In 2018
- #CAAFB - 12 Teams In 12 Days - Delaware Preview
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.