Dec 17, 2012, 10:23 AM EST
University of Delaware senior women’s soccer standout Polly Reinicker was recently honored by the UD Student Athletic Trainers’ Club with its 2012 SATC Student-Athlete Award.
The inaugural award is selected by the club membership and is presented to a Blue Hen student-athlete who has shown great respect for the care provided by the athletic trainers during his or her tenure as a student-athlete both on and off the field. She received the award from among the nearly 600 UD student-athlete who are cared for by the UD athletic training staff each year.
A native of Hockessin, Del. (A.I. duPont High School), Reinicker was a four-year standout on defense for the women’s soccer team for head coach Scott Grzenda and has been one of Delaware’s most accomplished students.
She carries a 3.97 grade point average as a double major in psychology and human services and is a two-time CoSIDA Academic All-American nominee, earning second team All-District 2 honors in 2011.
On the field, Reinicker was a four-year letterwinner and two-year starter for the Blue Hens and was a stalwart defender, helping lead a defense that allowed just 0.9 goals per game and recorded seven shutouts in 2012 to rank among the league leaders in both categories.
She helped lead the Hens to a berth in the 2011 CAA Tournament semifinals and this past season led the team to a 9-8-1 record and a second straight trip to the CAA Tournament.
For more on Reinicker and the inaugural honor from the Blue Hens’ training staff visit BlueHens.com.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- UNCW Edged By UNC 2-1 in NCAA Second Round
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18