Dec 17, 2012, 10:23 AM EDT
University of Delaware senior women’s soccer standout Polly Reinicker was recently honored by the UD Student Athletic Trainers’ Club with its 2012 SATC Student-Athlete Award.
The inaugural award is selected by the club membership and is presented to a Blue Hen student-athlete who has shown great respect for the care provided by the athletic trainers during his or her tenure as a student-athlete both on and off the field. She received the award from among the nearly 600 UD student-athlete who are cared for by the UD athletic training staff each year.
A native of Hockessin, Del. (A.I. duPont High School), Reinicker was a four-year standout on defense for the women’s soccer team for head coach Scott Grzenda and has been one of Delaware’s most accomplished students.
She carries a 3.97 grade point average as a double major in psychology and human services and is a two-time CoSIDA Academic All-American nominee, earning second team All-District 2 honors in 2011.
On the field, Reinicker was a four-year letterwinner and two-year starter for the Blue Hens and was a stalwart defender, helping lead a defense that allowed just 0.9 goals per game and recorded seven shutouts in 2012 to rank among the league leaders in both categories.
She helped lead the Hens to a berth in the 2011 CAA Tournament semifinals and this past season led the team to a 9-8-1 record and a second straight trip to the CAA Tournament.
For more on Reinicker and the inaugural honor from the Blue Hens’ training staff visit BlueHens.com.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27