Dec 11, 2012, 10:56 AM EDT
The University of Delaware men’s and women’s basketball programs are asking fans to participate in their annual collection for the Ronald McDonald House during pregame of their home games on Thursday, December 20 and Friday, December 21.
Prior to each game, the team will be collecting items that are especially needed for the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware. Fans are encouraged to bring the following: cereal boxes (large & individual servings), canned meats, trash bags (tall kitchen), paper towels, storage containers (Gladlock), 8 x 12 x 2″ deep disposable aluminum casserole pans, fabric softener sheets, disinfectant cleaner (Lysol), Soft Scrub, disinfectant wipes, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, Febreeze, scouring sponges, toilet paper, facial tissues, pillows, gas cards, or international phone cards.
“This would be a very special night for our program and the Delaware community to get behind because of all the good services that the Ronald McDonald House provides,” said Blue Hen men’s basketball head coach Monté Ross. “Anytime we can help out in a small way, we are eager to do it and we hope the Delaware community will get behind us and be just as eager.”
The Delaware men’s and women’s basketball teams will also be visiting the Ronald McDonald House of Delaware on Thursday, December 13 to participate in the “Share-A-Night” event and help light the House for the upcoming holiday season. The teams will interact with families and sign autographs for those in attendance.
If you’re planning to attend either game check out The Ronald McDonald House Wish List to help the UD teams make a difference.
For more information on The Ronald McDonald House of Delaware and its mission click here.
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings
- Four Named IWLCA Senior All-Stars
- UNCW Defeats W&M, 6-2, In Thursday's Finale