Nov 29, 2012, 4:51 PM EST
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – C&F Bank, Chick-fil-A and William and Mary athletics have announced a partnership for the Shoeless Showdown between the Tribe and Old Dominion men’s basketball teams on Saturday, Dec. 1. C&F Bank and Chick-fil-A have teamed up to raise awareness for children and adults in the area in need of shoes. Tip-off between W&M and ODU will be at 7 p.m. inside Kaplan Arena.
Fans who bring a new pair of children’s or adult’s shoes to the game, will receive a free ticket to the game. In addition, each person donating a new pair of shoes will also get a voucher for a free Chick-fil-A sandwich, a $10 voucher toward a new C&F checking account and a ticket to either the upcoming Tribe home games against Howard University on Wednesday, Dec. 6, or Salisbury University on Friday, Dec. 21.
To show support, the coaching staffs for both the Tribe and Monarchs will coach barefoot. All shoes will be donated to the Williamsburg Salvation Army.
“We are thrilled to be the benefactor of the shoes since we recently learned that we have to fill over 1,000 children’s wishes for Christmas, and many of them are in need of new shoes,” said Karen Hasty of the Williamsburg Salvation Army.
Donations are also accepted at any C&F Bank in the Williamsburg area. For more information, feel free to contact Maureen Medlin, VP Marketing, C&F Bank at (757) 741-2229.
- WBB Streaks Continue on Friday
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Jan. 18
- WM's Rachel Moore Taken in NWSL Draft
- #CAAHoops In Focus: JMU's Sophomore Trio
- #CAAHoops Weekly: WBB Race Heats Up
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Jan. 17
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Jan. 17
- #CAAHoops Featured: JMU's Stuckey Mosley
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Jan. 16
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Jan. 15