Nov 29, 2012, 4:51 PM EDT
WILLIAMSBURG, Va. – C&F Bank, Chick-fil-A and William and Mary athletics have announced a partnership for the Shoeless Showdown between the Tribe and Old Dominion men’s basketball teams on Saturday, Dec. 1. C&F Bank and Chick-fil-A have teamed up to raise awareness for children and adults in the area in need of shoes. Tip-off between W&M and ODU will be at 7 p.m. inside Kaplan Arena.
Fans who bring a new pair of children’s or adult’s shoes to the game, will receive a free ticket to the game. In addition, each person donating a new pair of shoes will also get a voucher for a free Chick-fil-A sandwich, a $10 voucher toward a new C&F checking account and a ticket to either the upcoming Tribe home games against Howard University on Wednesday, Dec. 6, or Salisbury University on Friday, Dec. 21.
To show support, the coaching staffs for both the Tribe and Monarchs will coach barefoot. All shoes will be donated to the Williamsburg Salvation Army.
“We are thrilled to be the benefactor of the shoes since we recently learned that we have to fill over 1,000 children’s wishes for Christmas, and many of them are in need of new shoes,” said Karen Hasty of the Williamsburg Salvation Army.
Donations are also accepted at any C&F Bank in the Williamsburg area. For more information, feel free to contact Maureen Medlin, VP Marketing, C&F Bank at (757) 741-2229.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday