Nov 10, 2012, 11:02 PM EDT
The pairings are set for the 2012 CAA Volleyball Championship, which will be held November 16, 17 and 18 at the Towson Center Arena on the campus of Towson University in Towson, Md.
The six-team event will open with quarterfinal action on Friday as #3 Northeastern (20-6, 9-3 in CAA) faces #6 James Madison (12-15, 5-7 in CAA) at 4:00 p.m., followed by #4 Hofstra (18-13, 6-6 in CAA) against #5 William & Mary (13-13, 6-6 in CAA) at 7:00 p.m.
In Saturday’s semifinals, second-seeded Delaware (15-13, 9-3 in CAA) meets the Northeastern/JMU winner at 4:00 p.m., and top-seeded Towson (25-3, 12-0 in CAA) takes on the Hofstra/William & Mary winner at 7:00 p.m.
The CAA championship match will be played at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, with the winner earning the league’s automatic bid to the NCAA Volleyball Championship.
All matches of the tournament will be webstreamed for free on CAASports.com. For more information on the CAA Volleyball Championship, including live stat links, recaps and more, check out the Championship Central page.
2012 CAA VOLLEYBALL CHAMPIONSHIP
Towson Center Arena – Towson University – Towson, Md.
Friday, November 16 – Quarterfinals
#3 Northeastern vs. #6 James Madison – 4:00 p.m.
#4 Hofstra vs. #5 William & Mary – 7:00 p.m.
Saturday, November 17 – Semifinals
#2 Delaware vs. NU/JMU winner – 4:00 p.m.
#1 Towson vs. Hofstra/W&M winner – 7:00 p.m.
Sunday, November 18 – Championship
CAA Championship Game – 5:00 p.m.
- Saunderson Earns All-America Honors In 100 Fly
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Campus Connected: Don't Doubt the Dukes
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 23
- #CAASports Closeup with Kyle Brnovich
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Saunderson Starts NCAA Championships
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year