Nov 10, 2012, 10:06 AM EST
Northeastern started fast and ended strong Friday night in Philadelphia at the 2012 CAA Men’s Soccer Championship semifinals. The Huskies scored five goals on James Madison to advance to Sunday’s championship match. CAA Men’s Soccer Player of the Year Don Anding was one of two Huskies to score twice on the Dukes.
The seeds did not hold true in the second of the two semifinal matches. Top-seeded Drexel got on the board first in the 26th minute, but fourth-seeded Hofstra netted an equalizer in the match’s 79th minute. The score held solid through two overtime periods and moved into penalty kicks. Hofstra keeper Adam Janowski was huge stopping the final three attempts from the Dragons which gave his squad a 4-3 edge.
The Huskies and Pride will square off for the league’s NCAA automatic bid Sunday at 2pm at Drexel’s Vidas Field in Philadelphia. Checkout the live video action on CAASports.com.
In case you were living under a rock, we wanted to let you know the college basketball season got started last night! Be sure to checkout our recap pages (men’s and women’s) from Friday…they include recaps, boxscores and even postgame videos from our schools. We’ll also get you ready for Saturday’s action with on our Gameday page later today so venture back to CAASports.com for that information later in the day.
- UNH's Reisert, Marino Named Academic All-America
- Three Named Scholar All-Americans
- Five Land on Scholar All-Region Team
- #CAALax/LSN Game of the Week Schedule Announced
- Ankrah Chosen To FCS ADA All-America Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Semifinals
- WM Tabs Julie Shackford as Head Coach
- Seven CAA Football Players On AP All-America Team
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Dec. 11
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Dec. 11