Nov 4, 2012, 7:17 PM EDT
The Pride upended UNCW, 2-1, in the match’s second overtime period. Emily Morphitis, Hofstra’s keeper and hero from Friday’s semifinal, picked up Most Outstanding Player honors.
The Dragons held serve at home with a game-winner three minutes into overtime against second-seeded Northeastern. Drexel’s Amanda Fleischut, who scored the Dragons’ first goal of the game and then assisted on the game-winner, logged Most Outstanding honors.
Checkout CAASports.com later this evening and into tomorrow for video recaps from each of the two fall championship finals.
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21
- Hofstra's Parrella Named National Rookie of the Week