Nov 4, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Both Women’s Soccer and Field Hockey CAA Championships come down to today…It’s CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY!
In Philadelphia, the tournament bracket has ended in chalk as Drexel, the regular season champ, will host second-seeded Northeastern for the right to represent the CAA in the NCAA Championship bracket.
The Dragons got a goal from Margaux Lourtie with just four seconds left in regulation to top Delaware in Saturday’s semifinal. Nicky Graham’s game-winner in the 65th-minute of action against James Madison helped lift the Huskies into Sunday’s Championship final. For full reports checkout these two video recaps.
CAASports.com will have the championship action for you at 3pm later today. Logon to Field Hockey #CAAChamps Central for links to both the free live video stream with Matt Janus as well as live stats. Check back later this evening for our championship video recap.
In Williamsburg, the championship battle has been far from chalk as third-seeded UNCW will take on fifth-seeded Hofstra for the right to move on to the NCAA postseason and represent the CAA. Both come into Sunday’s 1pm Championship game after penalty-kick victories in the semifinals.
The Seahawks managed just one goal in their semifinal match against Drexel, but keeper Caitlin Hunter was the difference Friday limiting the Dragons to just one successful PK.
Hofstra upset top-seeded William and Mary holding the Tribe scoreless into the PK round. Pride keeper Emily Morphitis turned away the final two penalty kicks from William and Mary’s Cortlyn Bristol and Nicole Baxter helping her team move on.
The women’s soccer championship final kicks off the league’s live webstreaming coverage, you can also logon to Women’s Soccer #CAAChamps Central for live stats and come back after the match to find our video recap from today’s action.
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Elon Women
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Elon Men
- W&M’s Trojan, NU’s Darrow Lead Men’s Track & Field All-Conference Honors
- Williams, Mistowski Headline Women’s Track & Field Postseason Honors
- CAA Men's Basketball Championship Moving To Washington DC In 2020
- More All-America Recognition For CAA Baseball Players
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Delaware Men
- #CAAHoops Summer School - Delaware Women
- Pair of Towson Tigers Named IWLCA All-Americans
- CAA Baseball Players Receive All-America, All-Region Accolades
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.