Nov 4, 2012, 11:27 AM EDT
Both Women’s Soccer and Field Hockey CAA Championships come down to today…It’s CHAMPIONSHIP SUNDAY!
In Philadelphia, the tournament bracket has ended in chalk as Drexel, the regular season champ, will host second-seeded Northeastern for the right to represent the CAA in the NCAA Championship bracket.
The Dragons got a goal from Margaux Lourtie with just four seconds left in regulation to top Delaware in Saturday’s semifinal. Nicky Graham’s game-winner in the 65th-minute of action against James Madison helped lift the Huskies into Sunday’s Championship final. For full reports checkout these two video recaps.
CAASports.com will have the championship action for you at 3pm later today. Logon to Field Hockey #CAAChamps Central for links to both the free live video stream with Matt Janus as well as live stats. Check back later this evening for our championship video recap.
In Williamsburg, the championship battle has been far from chalk as third-seeded UNCW will take on fifth-seeded Hofstra for the right to move on to the NCAA postseason and represent the CAA. Both come into Sunday’s 1pm Championship game after penalty-kick victories in the semifinals.
The Seahawks managed just one goal in their semifinal match against Drexel, but keeper Caitlin Hunter was the difference Friday limiting the Dragons to just one successful PK.
Hofstra upset top-seeded William and Mary holding the Tribe scoreless into the PK round. Pride keeper Emily Morphitis turned away the final two penalty kicks from William and Mary’s Cortlyn Bristol and Nicole Baxter helping her team move on.
The women’s soccer championship final kicks off the league’s live webstreaming coverage, you can also logon to Women’s Soccer #CAAChamps Central for live stats and come back after the match to find our video recap from today’s action.
- Seven Earn All-ECAC Honors; Mayes Named Defensive POTY
- UNCW's Golden Headlines All-CAA Baseball Team
- CAA Baseball Championship Preview
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Ties for 24th at NCAA Championship
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 22
- Towson Downs Cuse to Advance to NCAA Semifinals
- CofC's Fuenfstueck in Top-25 at NCAA Championship
- Dukes' Memorable Season Ends In Waco Regional Title Game
- JMU Keeps Season Alive With Saturday Split
- Pairings Set For CAA Baseball Championship