Nov 3, 2012, 8:50 AM EST
In case you missed any of Friday’s action from the Fall #CAAChamps we’ve got you covered. It all got started early in Philadelphia as Delaware topped William and Mary, 3-2, using a six-save effort from goalie Sara Scherin in quarterfinal field hockey #CAAChamps action .
James Madison came from behind to beat Hofstra in the second of two field hockey quarterfinals. The Dukes scored an equalizer with 27 seconds left in regulation to push the match into overtime and grabbed the win with a score just under two minutes into the extra period.
Both women’s soccer semifinal matches went to PK’s. UNCW advanced over Drexel with a 4-1 advantage in penalty kicks after ending regulation and overtime knotted at 1-1. Hofstra and defending CAA Champion William and Mary finished regulation and both overtime frames scoreless before the Pride outshot The College 4-2 in PK’s advancing to Sunday’s Championship final which will now be played at 1 p.m. (updated from 2 p.m.). Checkout CAASports.com later today for full video recaps from the action in Williamsburg.
The Men’s Soccer regular season wrapped up Friday night as #CAAChamps postseason action will begin Monday, Nov. 5, when James Madison hosts UNCW and Hofstra hosts George Mason. Semifinal play will get underway Friday, Nov. 9, at top-seeded Drexel. The Dragons will face the Mason/Hofstra winner, while second-seeded Northeastern awaits the JMU/UNCW victor.
CAASports.com has you covered throughout the fall championships with free live webstreaming as well as live stats, recaps and highlights from all the action. Field Hockey play resumes this afternoon with the first of two semifinal matches at 12pm. Visit Field Hockey #CAAChamps Central to find links to the free live webstreams for both games as well as links to live stats. Both Women’s Soccer (2pm) and Field Hockey (3pm) wrap up Sunday with Championship finals…all of that action can be seen live on CAASports.com/Digital.
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Semifinal Preview
- Two CAA Volleyball Players Named AVCA All-Americans
- Zazenski, JMU Staff Named Atlantic Region Staff of the Year
- CAA Football Has Eight Players Chosen As Associated Press All-Americans
- Four CAA Football Players Selected To Academic All-America Team
- Three CAA Standouts Earn United Soccer Coaches All-America Honors
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Dec. 10
- CAA Men's Basketball Weekly Awards - Dec. 10
- CAA Women's Basketball Weekly Awards - Dec. 10
- Stony Brook's Infantino Honored With Doris Robinson Scholar-Athlete Award
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.