Nov 2, 2012, 10:13 AM EDT
We are just about a half hour from the first quarterfinal game in the 2012 CAA Field Hockey Championship…BREAKING: The start of the first field hockey quarterfinal is delayed until approximately 10:40 a.m. Tonight at 5pm the women’s soccer semifinals get underway. Fans can catch all of the action FREE online by logging on to CAASports.com/Digital (make sure to click on the LIVE EVENTS tab). The league will webstream all five field hockey matches from Drexel’s Buckley Field and all three women’s soccer matches from Albert-Daly Field this weekend.
Last night Mallory Schaffer, a midfielder for William and Mary, garnered CAA Women’s Soccer Player of the Year honors for the second-straight season. CAASports.com caught up with her after the championship banquet in Williamsburg, and also recapped all of the league honors. Earlier in the week Northeastern’s Crystal Poland was named CAA Field Hockey’s Player of the Year by the CAA head coaches. Hurricane Sandy forced league officials to delay field hockey action at Drexel a day, thus canceling the previously scheduled championship banquet.
We will keep you posted here on the blog with the latest updates from both Drexel (Field Hockey) and William and Mary (Women’s Soccer) this weekend. Men’s Soccer and Volleyball are also closing in on regular season finales so keep checking CAA Overtime and CAASports.com for championship seeding information and much, much more.
- Stellar Pitching Performance Gives Delaware 3-1 Victory Over Hofstra
- Charleston Hits Four Homers To Power Past Hofstra, 10-3
- Weiss' Walk-Off Double Lifts UNCW Past Delaware, 2-1, In Baseball Opener
- Seven Selected For USILA North/South Game
- JoeyD vs. the #CAAChamps - Delaware Baseball
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21