Oct 29, 2012, 12:24 PM EDT
As Hurricane Sandy makes landfall the CAA has called for some reshuffling of final regular season Men’s Soccer games and adjustments to its 2012 #CAAChamps schedule. The hurricane will also force the Field Hockey #CAAChamps to be delayed this coming weekend. Read below for details and checkout CAASports.com for further updates.
The CAA Field Hockey Championship, which was previously scheduled to be held November 1, 2 and 4, will now be conducted over three consecutive days from November 2-4 at Buckley Field on the campus of Drexel University in Philadelphia, Pa. Game times for all three days are still to be determined. There is a possibility that the conference championship game could be pushed to Monday, November 5 if permission is granted by the NCAA.
The final night of regular-season competition in CAA men’s soccer, which was scheduled to be played on Wednesday, October 31, has been postponed until Friday, November 2. Due to that postponement, the quarterfinals of the CAA Men’s Soccer Championship will now be played on Monday, November 5 at the sites of the #3 and #4 seeds. The semifinals and finals of the championship are still set to be played on November 8 and 10 at the site of the top seed.
There are no changes to the schedule for the CAA Women’s Soccer Championship, which will be played at Martin Family Stadium at Albert/Daly Field on the campus of William & Mary in Williamsburg, Va. In semifinal action on Friday, November 2, #2 Drexel will meet #3 UNCW at 5 p.m., followed by #1 William & Mary against #5 Hofstra at 7:30 p.m. The winners of those games will meet in the championship game at 2 p.m. on Sunday, November 4.
The CAA will continue to closely monitor the weather situation and could make further changes as necessary.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27