Oct 19, 2012, 12:09 PM EST
CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager, along with a number of the league’s staff members, watched Friday as the College of Charleston Board of Trustees met on the topic of league affiliation. No, Yeager and staffers weren’t at the meeting, but rather huddled around computer screens and mobile devices following the developments on Twitter. Upon the final tweet sent from the College of Charleston’s official account — (@CofCSports): Resolution passes, 12-5, to permit #CofC President George Benson to commence contract negotiations w/ the #CAA — Yeager issued the following statement.
“We are thrilled with the interest expressed by the College of Charleston,” Yeager said. “We look forward to entering into immediate negotiations with President Benson and hope to resolve any issues and finalize the process as quickly as possible.”
For now that is all of the news you will find on the subject at CAA Overtime. The CAA will reserve any further public commentary until both Yeager and Benson have the opportunity to meet and discuss the path forward, but until then be sure to follow your local beat reporters for anything more breaking.
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- Hofstra, JMU Punch #CAAChamps Semifinal Tickets
- UNCW Wins, WM Falls in NCAA First Round
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- WM, UNCW Earn NCAA Berths
- CofC, Mummey Headline All-CAA Volleyball Honors
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Nov. 15
- Volleyball #CAAChamps Open On Thursday At JMU
- WM's Bustamante Named National Player of the Week
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls