Oct 16, 2012, 5:57 AM EDT
The Colonial Athletic Association announced a comprehensive men’s and women’s basketball broadcast package that will eventually include 100 televised games. The announcement was made during the conference’s Media Day festivities on Tuesday at Champps-Pentagon Row in Arlington, Va.
As of press time, CAA teams will be featured in 88 televised games thanks in large part to the conference’s new agreement with NBC Sports Network and the Comcast SportsNet regional networks. Additional games will be added to the television schedule prior to the start of the regular season. CAA fans will also be provided with internet broadcasts of hundreds of additional games, allowing the opportunity to view CAA basketball almost daily via multiple mediums.
“We’re excited about the tremendous exposure our players and coaches will receive through the national reach of the NBC Sports Network and the regional coverage provided by the Comcast SportsNets ,” said CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager. “In addition, our member schools have continued to enhance their internet broadcast packages, giving fans the opportunity to watch every conference game.”
NBC Sports Network, which is available in nearly 80 million homes, will present 18 CAA men’s basketball games to a national television audience this season, including the semifinals and finals of the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship.
“We are proud to feature CAA men’s basketball games on the NBC Sports Network schedule this year,” said Jon Miller, President, Programming, NBC Sports and NBC Sports Network. “The CAA features some of the most exciting college basketball programs in the country. We are pleased the CAA is part of our ever-growing college basketball coverage.”
Take a look at the league’s extensive broadcast schedule at CAASports.com.
CAA TELEVISION PACKAGE HIGHLIGHTS:
- An 18-game national television package on the NBC Sports Network, which includes 13 regular-season conference games along with the semifinals and finals of the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship.
- 26 men’s regular-season games and the quarterfinals of the CAA Men’s Basketball Championship in a widely-syndicated Comcast SportsNet/Comcast Network package. The package features a cumulative total of 50-plus CAA exposures available in the New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington, DC, Baltimore, Richmond, Norfolk and Atlanta television markets, reaching a potential audience of over 20 million TV households.
- At least eight CAA women’s basketball regular-season conference games along with regional syndication of both semifinal games and the title game of the CAA Women’s Basketball Championship.
- Hundreds of CAA men’s and women’s basketball games will be available for viewing this season via the internet and mobile devices through the CAA member institutions.
- Baseball Weekly Honors - April 24
- Softball Weekly Report - April 24
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - April 24
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - April 24
- COFC Four-Peats as #CAAChamps
- UNCW Takes Home Men's Tennis Championship
- W&M Captures Third Straight Women's Tennis Title
- #CAALAX Closeup with Alyssa Parrella
- #CAAChamps Play Suspended In Third Round
- Seahawks, Tribe Headed To Men's Tennis Finals