Oct 16, 2012, 9:59 AM EDT
In the fall of 2005, the CAA welcomed two new teams to the league—Georgia State and Northeastern. At the same time, the Northeastern women’s basketball squad welcomed freshman Ashlee Feldman. She made a strong impact during her first season, leading the Huskies in scoring (12.4 ppg). She earned CAA All-Rookie honors that year and started her career at Northeastern on the right foot. Feldman completed her career with the Huskies by making the CAA All-Academic first team, being nominated for the prestigious Dean Ehlers Award and serving as team captain during her senior season. Feldman is second in the NU record book for three-point field goals made in a career with 240 (tied 8th in CAA All-Time records), is the all-time school leader in treys attempted (726, 6th in CAA) and ranks among the top 10 in three-point field goal shooting percentage (33.1) during her four years playing for NU.
During her final two years at Northeastern, Feldman balanced a difficult task – covering the Northeastern men’s basketball games as a color analyst with WRBB- the student radio station, while playing for the women’s team. Feldman graduated in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts and Sciences in Communications/Media from Northeastern. She thought “What to do next?”. Feldman knew she wanted to pursue more opportunities in broadcasting, but knew that it would be tough to get her foot in the door.
This post came from our CAA Women’s Hoops Blog at caawomenshoops.tumblr.com. Take a look over there as it is live throughout the event as well. Great content on the women’s-specific portion of the day.
- CAA Weekend Preview - Oct. 20
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- Mack, Messer Added To National Award Watch Lists
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll
- Watch Women's Basketball Media Day Show
- CAA Men's Basketball Media Day Teleconference
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 8 Preview
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Oct. 18
- Hofstra's Stergiou Named Golfer of the Week
- UNCW's Cover Earns Golfer of the Week