Oct 14, 2012, 10:05 PM EDT
Some of the CAA women’s basketball teams have been practicing few weeks now, but Friday (Oct. 12) a number of schools hosted an annual Midnight Madness event to kick off the 2012-13 basketball season. Delaware’s event was highlighted on ESPN.com on Saturday. George Mason, UNCW (video recap), Northeastern, and Towson (Photo Gallery) hosted events on Friday evening. Hofstra, home of the the Mack Sports Complex, which is currently being prepared for the upcoming Oct. 16th second Presidential Debate, will host it’s Madness event on Nov. 1.
Games will officially begin on Friday, Nov. 9th for most of the CAA women’s basketball teams. The 2012 CAA Basketball Media Day is scheduled for Tuesday, Oct. 16th at Champps in Arlington, Va. and fans can check out CAASports.com (CAA Basketball Media Day Central, which will go live Tuesday morning) for ways to follow the day via CAA Media Day Live (2.5 hour free webstream show), Radio Interviews, Blogs, Social Media and more.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- CAA Partners With ScoreShots
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 22
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week