Oct 14, 2012, 10:12 PM EDT
The Hofstra Softball team held its annual alumnae day on Saturday, October 13 at James M. Shuart Stadium.
The program honored the many alumnae that came back to support the program and also honored the 2012 team for its historic run to the Super Regionals. Members of the 2012 squad received their championship rings and the outfield banner was also unveiled.
Hofstra ended the 2012 campaign with a 42-15 record and the program’s first-ever appearance in the Super Regionals, where the team finished just one win shy of the Women’s College World Series. Head Coach Bill Edwards’ team won its ninth Colonial Athletic Association championship in 11 years before knocking off 12-time national champion UCLA and San Diego State twice to win the Los Angeles Regional.
In the Alumnae vs. 2013 Team game, a late rally by the alumnae fell short as they dropped a 4-2 decision to the current squad.
The event was enjoyed by a great amount of Hofstra Softball alumnae, current athletic department staff, numerous Hofstra athletic teams and other fans of the program.
For more on the Hofstra Softball event including a photo gallery from the day logon to GoHofstra.com.
- Hathaway Named MBB Oversight Committee Chair
- Four Conferences Join MBB Officiating Alliance
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Towson at William & Mary
- All Seven WLAX Teams Are IWLCA Academic Honor Squads
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston at Towson
- #CAAFB Media Day Live Rewind
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson