Oct 10, 2012, 3:05 PM EDT
CAA Football is ready for week seven of the 2012 season. The Blitz reviews the week that was and gets you set for this weekend’s action.
In this week’s webisode, Bobby Broyles and Scott Meyer look back at several CAA Football week six matchups and look ahead to week seven, which marks the midway point of the 2012 season. The season’s midway point represents an important milestone, with Broyles and Meyer discussing how every win now matters and the seven-win threshold that teams typically eye in order to lock up a playoff berth.
They then identify three key matchups this coming weekend. In Saturday’s matinee, a resurgent Richmond squad leading the nation in interceptions visits New Hampshire, which looks to continue flexing its offensivem muscle on the ground after a pair of Wildcats surpassed the 100-yard rushing mark last week. Coming off its open week, the nation’s top offense in Old Dominion looks to keep putting up prolific numbers as it hosts a youth-laden Villanova squad that presents a different defensive style than the Monarchs have seen to date. In the late game, a Maine squad that dominated Delaware on the road this past week takes on a proven Towson team looking to bounce back after coming up just short of knocking off top-five James Madison a week ago.
Be sure to check out this week’s weekly release and the links to The Pressbox locacted in the “Quick Links” box to the right. As always, we welcome your feedback, which you can share via our social media accounts below. We may even include some of your comments in upcoming weekly episodes.
We invite you to share your CAA Football thoughts, ideas and photos with us on Facebook. We are also on Twitter @The_CAAFootball and encourage fans from all 11 schools to follow our tweets for all the latest league information. Be sure to tag all CAA Football-related tweets with our official hashtag #CAAFB.
CAA Football is blogging at caafootballblog.com as well, so be sure to check out our official blog to find additional information that may not be available on CAAFootball.com. The league also encourages fans to visit us on YouTube and subscribe to our channel to receive our most recent CAA Football video productions.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday